Saturday, January 16, 2010

Beach Run Sunday


It was beach run day today. Have I mentioned that I love beach runs? I woke up at 4:45 am ( It says 4:55 on my alarm clock but I've set it forward so it doesn't seem quite so early) and it was still just a little dark. The sun started to rise as I ate my pre-run banana and the house glowed a pretty pink. I took off at 5:20 and arrived beachside at 6:20.

It was already 23 degrees and we were in the shade to start with. Heaven knows what the temperature it was by the end of the run. All I know was that it was hot! And everything I was wearing was saturated! And I was tired. (no surprise there) But having said that, it was a great way to start the day. All the dogs were back from holiday and were having a ball on the sand and in the water. I'm smiling just thinking of how much fun they were having.

I experimented with my nutrition a little today. As well as my banana, I had a piece of white bread with honey before I ran and straight afterwards I had some Powerade. I'm just hoping that more attention to nutrition gives a better recovery. A little later I had poached eggs on rye and I'm currently feeling pretty good. I'm hoping the problem I had earlier this week was just a temporary set-back and that I'm back on track now.

1 comment:

  1. Running on the beach sounds nice. I grew up in Southern California and did some runs on the beach. I didn't appreciate it then, but now that I live in the desert, I sure do. Sounds like you're back on track!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.