Thursday, January 28, 2010

Guilty Pleasures


My husband Iven has been away for the week visiting his family in central New South Wales. His Mum has just turned 90 and is having a party to celebrate. Our family, apart from Iven, couldn't go due to school and work commitments so for this week I've been a single parent.

Having to do it all by yourself is a lot easier now that the boys are all grown up but it does make you appreciate all the work that your partner does around the house. I've had to feed the dogs every day. I've had to put out the compost. And every day when I've found an over-flowing rubbish bin I've realised that I am missing him a little.

But there's been one area where I've totally enjoyed having the week to myself and that's in the bedroom. The morning he left I stripped the bed and remade it with fresh clean sheets and every night I've relished being able to sprawl and not being woken up by snoring. It's been bliss.

He's back in just three more sleeps so I'm going to make the most of them while I can.

1 comment:

  1. First time reader - one time Australian (for a few years back in the 70's - Sale, Australia).

    Love the blog. I expect good things from your running!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.