Monday, January 25, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go.

Today was the first day of my working year. Yes, I know that it's already the 25th of the month and that it's a public holiday tomorrow but I had to start at some stage. I love my work. I love the quiet times when we can listen to the tv. I love catching up with my sister who works with me three days out of five. And I love seeing customers - some that hae been coming for over a decade and some that we've seen grow from children to young women.

The best part about work today was not my sister or what we watched on tv or any of the four clients we saw. It was the fact that the workroom is air-conditioned. It has been disgustingly hot and humid for a week and it's going to continue until the weekend so the air-conditioning was such a pleasant reprieve.

My dogs were also grateful that work had started. They are smart animals. They know that if the door is shut it will be cooler in the room than out. So they press their cute little doggy noses against the glass door and look pathetic and hot and it works every time. At least they behave themselves fairly well when we have clients in and refrain from passing gas and sniffing butts.

It looks like it'll be a good work year. We started with orders on the books and the rhythmic gymnastic costumes are already starting to pile up. I'm very grateful to be able to work at something that I enjoy so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.