Thursday, October 7, 2010

Waiting ...

It's so close now - so close and still yet so far. The waiting is so frustrating. Today I've been wishing that I was already in Melbourne enjoying myself and the great coffee/food that they have there. But the whole reason that I didn't book to travel today is so I wouldn't spend the day walking around and getting tired legs like I did last time I was down there to race.

I've just had a visit from the washing-machine repair guy. Last Thursday (8 whole days ago) our 4 year old washer decided to have a sit-down strike. Having no washer with a family of 5 is NOT convenient. Luckily my Mum lives only a little way away and was happy to let me use hers. Anyway the repairman pulled the thing apart and told me that he needs some parts and they will take A WEEK to get here. Seriously?!!! A week to get from Adelaide to Brisbane. If they put them on a plane they could be here in about 4 hours. The good news is that we have an extended warranty and if the machine can't be fixed we get a new one! The bad news is that I will be spending a lot of next week over at Mum's waiting for the machine to finish. I'm not a patient person and I'm not good at waiting.

I'm off to pack now. See you all on the other side!

12 comments:

  1. At least you have a place to go other than the laundromat. That is really the pits!

    Before you know it it will be time to race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char-so excited for you!!!

    And I don't know how you've made it 5 days w/o a washer. The longest I've gone is three days & I was going nuts!!?!?

    Rock the race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Melbourne. I am sure you will forget about your washer there.

    Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend! Looking forward to reading your marathon report - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great race this weekend. You are going to do fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo Melbourne, here she comes!

    Yuck about the washer though...thank goodness mom's close by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it’s here! Funny, I just did a post about patience.:) Travel safe and have a blast! Have a fantastic run!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's TIME! Good luck and have fun! I have a feeling it's going to be a GREAT experience for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrr on the washing machine - that would be hard to miss. Good luck on the waiting game - it will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a FUN race in Melbourne, I can't wait to hear all about it!! That was smart not going too early, it's best to rest those leggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Char, all the very best for Melbourne. I will be thinking of you. Remember to enjoy it and that the result is in the achievement not the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't even worry about the washer, you'll be resting after the race and won't have time to do laundry. :) Good luck and have fun at the race!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.